Sunday, January 19, 2014

Just Breathe

Just Breathe
As I was driving along the road on the other side of Benbrook Dam on my way to Ezra's basketball game, I saw the woods and wanted to go for a walk. On my way home I did stop and took my
camera out so we could breathe the fresh air.

 

 
The lake is not far from where I live and a place Enno and I have visited often but not in
January when the leaves are gone. As it so happened, the weather was warm
enough for the road to the lake to be opened for people who
wanted to launch their boats to fish.
 


 
The wind was delightful because the sun was shining
and the temperature was 60*.


Where is the beauty in this? Is everything dead? No, it is the cerulean skies, wild vines
and the parasitic mistletoe that add color
to this landscape.
 




 
I'm always looking at the little things not chosen for their value or beauty.
And I'm never disappointed.
Low and behold.....what is this I see? It is the
Jackpot!


 
Awesome color in the berries on the spindly vines.
But wait, there's more....
 
 A sign of Hope?
 
When all looked dead with rigamortus setting in, 
a little bud appeared.

 
And
 no Texas landscape in the country would be complete without
this touch of green.

I feel fresh and renewed, again.
 
 
http://shadowshotsunday2.blogspot.com
 
 


4 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Buds already? Beautiful shots! I'd want to go for a walk there too!

MarmePurl said...

I feel fresh and renewed just looking at these photos. I can lmost breath that wonderful air myself.

Carole M. said...

I enjoyed your walk Jenny and the wonderful focus' on nature

Gemma Wiseman said...

An enchanting series of photos. Loved both the views and the macros. Isn't it all worthwhile to take a detour from routine. Amazing the fresh air that becomes freely available.